We’d like to share these healthy habits for the workplace from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control as well as changes made at SD83.
- Maintain “social distancing” and remind each other to keep two metres apart at all times;
- Wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and cover your cough or sneeze (use your arm, sleeve, or a tissue);
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, including: cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat, and difficulty breathing and stay at home when you experiencing these types of symptoms;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth;
- Follow established safe work procedures;
- Keep common high-touch surfaces clean (such as phones and other handheld devices) and;
- If you have health concerns, call Public Health at 8-1-1
At SD83 buildings and facilities:
- We have increased the level and frequency of sanitizing in our buildings.
- Custodial staff will be in cleaning surfaces during the day and this will include wiping your keyboards. Please ensure you save your work every time you leave your workspace.
- Work with your direct supervisor/ a supervisor regarding work requirements and potential modified work schedules, alternate work site, or any other accommodation you may require during this time.
- If you have any concerns at any time please immediately contact your supervisor / a supervisor.