SD83 has updated its COVID-19 Safety plan. Please click here to read new version.
The SD83 Phase 3 Safety Plan is now available.
As in-school classes are set to resume on Monday, staff have/or will spend some time learning about, and walking through, safety protocols for the upcoming weeks of school.
At each school in the district staff did a “practice run” reviewing safety procedures such as student arrival, handwashing, sanitizing, and how to maintain distancing while taking students in and out of the school for recess and breaks.
We’d like to share these healthy habits for the workplace from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control as well as changes made at SD83.
- Maintain “social distancing” and remind each other to keep two metres apart at all times;
- Wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and cover your cough or sneeze (use your arm, sleeve, or a tissue);
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, including: cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat, and difficulty breathing and stay at home when you experiencing these types of symptoms;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth;
- Follow established safe work procedures;
- Keep common high-touch surfaces clean (such as phones and other handheld devices) and;
- If you have health concerns, call Public Health at 8-1-1
At SD83 buildings and facilities:
- We have increased the level and frequency of sanitizing in our buildings.
- Custodial staff will be in cleaning surfaces during the day and this will include wiping your keyboards. Please ensure you save your work every time you leave your workspace.
- Work with your direct supervisor/ a supervisor regarding work requirements and potential modified work schedules, alternate work site, or any other accommodation you may require during this time.
- If you have any concerns at any time please immediately contact your supervisor / a supervisor.